Becoming an Egg Donor Alliance Partner Clinic
Egg Donor Alliance (EDA) is an international resource for low-cost and high-quality donor eggs.
How does EDA work?
Egg Donor Alliance has a network of international egg donors and fertility clinics that enables us to offer our Partner Clinics the lowest prices for donor eggs.
Dr. Joe Massey, founder of Egg Donor Alliance, visited 13 fertility centers in Europe. He selected the best centers in Eastern Europe for donor eggs and IVF: Those with >50 percent pregnancy rates with fresh cycles and with international service experience.
Through this arrangement, EDA can provide our Partner Clinics high-quality donor eggs and embryos created with sperm from the recipient parents/couple.
What are the benefits of being an EDA Partner Clinic?
- EDA maintains password-protected website
- EDA selects high-quality donors and IVF clinics with proven success
- EDA monitors the quality process
- EDA pays for FDA donor panel, carrier screening and shipping of test samples to U.S. laboratories
- EDA follows all accepted standard operating procedures for egg donation
- EDA pays to ship gametes or embryos back to the United States
- 12 eggs and 3 quality blastocysts (minimum) are guaranteed in the EDA program for about $12,500 USD (compared with $17,000 for one top quality blastocyst from U.S. egg banks)
- EDA handles tracking of donors, lab outcomes and shipping logistics
- Partner Clinic featured on EDA’s website
- Additional egg donor marketing for Partner Clinics.
Donor selection and screening
- EDA’s donors are preferably in college or are college graduates
- Clinics have a variety of ethnicities to choose from
- All donors are ages 22-30
- All donors have AMH levels higher than 3.5
- All donors receive a family history screening, psychological evaluation and objective testing
- FDA screening for sexually transmitted diseases near time of egg retrieval in CLIA approved U.S. lab
- Carrier screening for all donors, kayrotype screening done in many centers
- EDA ships the patient’s semen to our Eastern European fertility center partners for IVF
- The fertility centers then perform IVF, freeze the embryos, and ship them back to the U.S. within 80 days
- Centers are experienced in tissue shipping and tracking
- Batched shipping from the center reduces costs.